Google is dead serious about making the online world mobile-friendly, and is prepared to destroy your search rankings to prove it. When Google’s Mobile Optimization Update rolls out on April 21, 2015, any website that is not properly configured for mobile devices will disappear from Google’s mobile search results.
Two Important Changes to Google’s Algorithm
On February 26, Google made an important two-part announcement on its official blog. While the overall takeaway is that Google wants websites to be mobile-friendly, there are two important changes to understand:
- “More mobile-friendly websites in search results.” Starting on April 21 (which, it’s worth noting is the first time Google has ever announced a specific algorithm change this far in advance) the mobile-friendliness will be considered an important ranking factor for mobile search results.
- “More relevant app content in search results.” Secondly, Google announced that–starting immediately–it would begin using “information from indexed apps as a factor in ranking for signed-in users who have the app installed.” In other words, indexed apps now appear more prominently in search results for users who are already signed into those respective apps.
You cannot afford to ignore mobile users
The Google’s intention is to have users find exactly what they’re looking for, and to have them directed to high-quality, easy to navigate sites. The bottom line for marketers is simple: if your website provides a good and rewarding experience for visitors, Google is going to reward you with better rankings in the search results. If your site provides a less than stellar experience for visitors, you can expect to see your rankings plummet. Google is taking mobile-friendly user experience seriously, and so should you.
What are your benefits of going mobile friendly?
- Your website looks great everywhere
- No need to zoom on smaller devices to read content
- Consistent and tailored user experience
- Wider browser support
- All pages are available on all devices
- No need to maintain multiple versions of website
- No need to do SEO for multiple websites
- Efficient crawling and indexing of search engine robots
- Attain and maintain rankings on mobile searches
- Google Mice update compliance!
See our Infographic:
Not having a mobile-friendly website is as good as driving your potential customers to your competitors!
Be visible on Google mobile searches!
Provide great user experience to a growing number of mobile users who will visit your website. Call us today at +371-202-202-08 or email at email@example.com and have your mobile friendly website up and running within 30 days or less.
Latest posts by Daiga Kalnina (see all)
- Want to Discover the Keyword Strategy of your Competitors? - July 7, 2020
- Reputation Marketing and How It Can Affect Your Business - July 3, 2020
- Get Customer Reviews and Rev up your Revenue - June 8, 2020