When it comes to providing valuable and engaging information online, most marketers turn to video content. The overall combination of visuals and sound makes videos more remarkable for Internet users.
Did you know how significant videos are for Internet users today?
According to YouTube, an equivalent of almost 300 hours of video are uploaded to its platform every minute. comScore, on the other hand, discovered that a whopping 100 million Internet users watch an online video every day. Because of its growing significance, Cisco predicted that video content will make up almost 70% of all global consumer Internet traffic by 2017.
See our Infographic:
Online users are becoming increasingly dependent on videos nowadays.
Rather than spend their time reading boring text, online users would prefer watching short yet informative videos on websites.
According to Forbes Insight, almost 6 out of 10 senior executives prefer to watch a video instead of reading text, if both are available on the same page.
Just how effective videos are in keeping audiences engaged?
Videos on websites help keep visitors from leaving sites immediately, thus, producing lower bounce rates. In fact, visitors who view vidoes stay on websites an average of 2 minutes longer than those who don’t view videos, according to a study by comScore.
Videos aren’t just consumed on desktop computers—mobile users also love to watch and share videos using their devices!
Just as desktop users love watching and sharing videos using their computers, mobile users also spend a lot of time doing the same thing on their smartphones and tablets.
While mobile makes up almost 40% of global watch time on YouTube, a huge 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with other online users, according to the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB).
Video content produces higher conversion rates for businesses online.
Apart from receiving lower bounce rates for their websites, businesses that add video content in their marketing mix also enjoy a huge increase in their conversion rates.
Various studies have revealed that:
- 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium.
- 65% of executives have visited a vendor’s site after watching a video.
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it.
- 20% increase in conversion rates are shown by homepage videos.
- 39% have called a vendor after watching a video.
Engage your potential customers much better with video marketing. Fill out the form and contact us now for a consultation!
Latest posts by Daiga Kalnina (see all)
- Pay-per-click Advertising is the Key to Quick Digital Dominance - August 13, 2019
- Online Advertising Benefits Over Traditional Advertising - August 9, 2019
- Get more Customers with Pay-per-Click - July 31, 2019